A Guide to Selling Jewellery for Cash
Are you in need of some extra cash? Selling your unwanted gold is the perfect solution. At Post My Gold, you’re guaranteed the best price, whether you want to sell broken jewellery or unwanted items in good condition. We offer the most competitive price for scrap gold, but if your items are in good condition and sellable as jewellery, you’ll receive more money.
For example, let’s say you want to sell white gold jewellery, but you know it’s too good to scrap. Our experts pay a market-leading price and you’ll have the peace of mind that your secondhand gold jewellery won’t just be melted down; it’ll go on to have a new lease of life and be appreciated by a new owner.
If you’re wondering how to sell gold jewellery, look no further. While you might think about going to the high street, you’ll get a much better offer if you get your gold appraised by our professionals. Our team of experts are professionally trained, meaning you’ll always get a fair, honest price on your working gold watches and premium brand jewellery.
What Types of Jewellery Can I Sell?
At Post My Gold, we’ll buy your jewellery regardless of its type and condition. So whether you want to sell your gold rings for cash, cufflinks, or necklaces complete with precious stones, you’ll always receive a competitive offer.
How to Sell Your Gold Jewellery
Why spend time travelling to your local high street jewellers, only to receive a less than satisfying offer, when you can get a great price from the comfort of your own home? We’ve helped thousands of people earn extra cash from selling their gold jewellery quickly, easily and effectively.
Gold prices are at a record high, so there has never been a better time to sell unwanted gold lying around in a jewellery box, or tucked away in your desk drawer.
Request Your Free Gold Pack
It’s never been easier to get started and sell gold jewellery — whether it’s white gold cufflinks or gold rings — for cash. Fill in the form to receive your free pre-paid, fully insured envelope.
Send Us Your Unwanted Gold
Fill your envelope with your broken gold, platinum, palladium, or silver for your free valuation from one of our experts. With our Royal Mail postal insurance, you can be sure that your jewellery will be safe and protected.
Sell Your Jewellery at the Best Prices and Receive Cash Within 24 Hours
Within just 24 hours, you’ll receive the best possible cash offer for your jewellery. If you accept, we’ll pay you promptly by bank transfer — which means no waiting around for your cash. If you decide you want to keep your gold, we’ll return it to you safely and free of charge.
In no time at all, you can receive a payment to your bank account, for jewellery you don’t like or that you simply don’t wear anymore! It really is that simple.
How Much Could You Receive?
You’re probably wondering how much money you can expect to receive by selling your old gold jewellery. The price you’re quoted will ultimately depend on the condition and quality of your unwanted gold. We’ll buy broken jewellery (and any jewellery that can’t be resold) at scrap value, but for any secondhand gold that there’s a market for, we’ll offer a higher price. Our valuations are conducted by experts with years of professional experience, meaning you’ll always get a fair and accurate deal.
The value of your gold will also depend on its weight and purity. Gold purity is measured in karats — the more karats, the higher percentage of pure gold in your jewellery — and that means more cash for you. Here’s a quick guide to karats and their value:
- 24 karat is the ultimate in gold karats — it doesn’t get better than this. Consisting of 99.9% pure gold, it’s highly valuable, but not as durable, so it’s not often used in pieces of fine jewellery.
- 22 karat gold is similarly highly priced, with a purity of around 91%. This karat is more suited to plain gold jewellery, such as wedding rings, due to their soft nature.
- 18 karat gold contains 75% gold — the rest is made up of durable metal alloys to add strength. This allows it to be used for stone set jewellery, while still being incredibly valuable.
- 14 karat gold, while not as pure as its 18, 22, and 24 karat counterparts, still contains almost 60% pure gold. This is a popular choice for many jewellery lovers, thanks to its more affordable price.
- 9 karat gold has 37.5% pure gold, making it the most affordable form of gold jewellery. Because it contains less pure gold, and is made with a larger percentage of metals, 9 karat gold is incredibly durable. Jewellery pieces of this kind can be worn every day with little noticeable wear because of its strength. However, just because this is the most common form of jewellery, doesn’t mean you won’t be able to sell your gold rings and trinkets for a great price.
Now you know how valuable each karat of gold jewellery is, you’ll know if you have a potential goldmine hidden away. If you want to sell your 7 gram 18 karat necklace, you could get around £143 — not bad for five minutes’ work. Of course, that’s assuming we won’t pay you more if your jewellery is in great condition!
Not sure how much your jewellery is worth? Get a quick and easy estimate of how much you could sell gold jewellery for by using our Gold Value Calculator. If your jewellery type isn’t listed, get in touch with Post My Gold to receive your FREE gold pack. Sell your unwanted jewellery for the best price — quickly, easily and efficiently.